It reminds me of a time, in high-school, when I was removing a fluorescent light from a light in order that it not get knocked out from the party which was going on. I dropped the bulb. Sigh.
And thereby created a Superfund cleanup site. Shame on you. ;-)
Seriously, why did the government mandate we all keep dangerous amounts of otherwise banned mercury in our homes?If you replace the lights in the average home with CFBs you have enough mercury to be designated a Superfund site. Break three of them at the same time, and you are technically required to call in a trained hazmat crew and pay for them, to clean up and decontaminate your home.
Government stupidity in actin.
@War Pig – I agree. This is why I actually use LED bulbs – more expensive, but uses way less electricity without me having to worry about giving my kids mercury poisoning. And yes, I am aware that you should never look directly at an LED that’s on – but they’re OK when diffused.
You know what I’m going to say, don’t you?
I remember breaking a mercury thermometer – for checking a fever – in my apartment one time, and I got so concerned I called Poison Control. They just told me to clean and wrap it up safely, and throw it out normally – why do I think more was needed? But I don’t think that breakage created a Superfund site (I hope!) :)
@Frank, oh I do. “Ted’s_Suit” added. ;-)
Powered by WordPress with ComicPress